Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic
The Most Effective Advanced Motorcycle Training Course In Central Texas
Our Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic offers the best advanced motorcycle training in the Austin area. The reason for this course’s success is due to its dynamic classroom training. This includes not only theory but a real live application of Total Control ARC℠ techniques.
By including a basic analysis of vehicular dynamics, riders get a clear understanding of how their actions affect their bikes. For instance, in the suspension portion of the class, riders learn how to analyze the effectiveness of their suspension and how to set it up for maximum control and comfort.
During the range portion of the class, we break down and practice each skill individually in a large parking lot. We believe working on only one skill at a time is the fastest and safest way to make consistent riding improvements. We never want to ask one of our students to make a huge “leap of faith” in any one area. Each skill is built up in small two-mph increments until the desired result is achieved.
We want to build up your confidence and ensure you feel safe each step of the way! In addition, cornering speeds in our advanced motorcycle training class will never exceed 25 mph. While this may seem slow, in a tight enough corner, 25 is very, very fast. By combining this method with our strategic “building block” formula, each skill will integrate into giving you a complete riding package!
Our Total Control Advanced Riding Clinics enable riders to learn advanced motorcycle training techniques faster and easier than ever before. Equally important, we teach all of these advanced motorcycle training techniques with direct applications for street riding. After all, knowing how to do something is of little value if you don’t understand when and where to use it.
Cornering technique is the primary focus of the Total Control ARC℠. You will learn individual cornering skills as well as other advanced motorcycle training techniques.
Topics Covered In Our Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic Include :
- corner entry
- line selection
- body positioning
- corner exit
- throttle control and throttle/brake transitions
- super-tight and low-speed “parking lot” turns
Advanced Motorcycle Training Course Required Motorcycle Safety Gear
- Your own 2-wheeled motorcycle
- Helmet-DOT-compliant helmet (Full-face or 3/4 preferred). Personal helmets are subject to inspection for DOT-compliance and to make sure that they are in good working condition.
- Eye protection-Face shield, such as tinted or clear goggles or some form of sun-/eyeglasses. In addition, you may also wear ordinary prescription glasses.
- Gloves-Must be full finger and cannot be open on the back of the hand. They must be street-motorcycle specific and/or durable leather. Mechanics gloves, batting gloves, etc. are NOT acceptable. Fingerless gloves are not acceptable.
- Pants-You must wear street motorcycle specific pants made of textile or leather. Leather chaps or Kevlar jeans are acceptable, however regular denim jeans are not.
- Jacket-Durable leather or textile jacket (armored, motorcycle-specific is ideal)
- Boots/Shoes-Over the ankle with little to no heel. Shoes can be hiking type that provides reinforced ankle support. However, boots are the preferred choice. Your footwear should have a good rubber sole for traction and the heel shouldn’t be higher than what is commonly on a “workman’s boot.” Thin fabric shoes made of canvas or other fabrics that do not provide support are not acceptable. The classic Converse All Star “Chuck Taylor” or dress shoe are examples of shoes that DO NOT meet the requirements.
- Motorcycle tires – Absolutely no race tires, race compound, or car tires allowed regardless if they are DOT approved.